Councilwoman Ashby is a graduate of Sacramento High School and obtained her B.A in Sociology with an emphasis on Law and Society from the University of California at Davis and her Juris Doctorate from the University of the Pacific’s McGeorge School of Law. She owns a consulting firm with her dad in which they build programs for populations with barriers to success. She, along with her husband and three children, live in Natomas where she established herself as a leader and has served her community as an advocate for youth and public safety, creating infrastructure such as a police and community resource center and a new fire station.
Twice in her first term (an unprecedented occurrence in the Council’s history) Councilwoman Ashby’s colleagues elected her Vice Mayor of the City of Sacramento. Immediately following, the Council elected her to serve two full years as Mayor Pro Tem, a first for the City of Sacramento. Councilwoman Ashby was part of another first in Sacramento history when she became the first female on Council to have a baby while in office.
Councilwoman Ashby has received many accolades for her dedication and service including:
- Being named the 5th Assembly District Woman of the Year and;
- Sacramento Magazine named her a top elected female and later the top elected female and;
- She was recognized as one of News and Reviews Top Elected Officials and;
- The Sacramento Business Journal selected her for their prestigious 40 under 40 Award which recognizes young leaders and entrepreneurs.
Councilwoman Ashby serves on 9 different boards and commissions including:
- Immediate Past Chair, City of Sacramento Personnel and Public Employees Committee
- Member, Sacramento Public Library Authority
- Member, Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency
- President, Downtown Sacramento Revitalization Corporation
- Chair, Sacramento Mayor Appointed Water Ad-Hoc Committee
- Membership Committee, Association of California Water Agencies
- Member, Sacramento Regional County Solid Waste Authority
- Member, Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District
- Governing Institute’s California Leadership Forum Advisory Board
Councilwoman Angelique Ashby
City Hall, 5th Floor | 915 “I” Street, Sacramento, CA 95814