Elena comes to the position with an extensive background as a community volunteer and has strong established relationships with many of the community groups, neighborhoods and parent groups in District One.
Some of her responsibilities as the District One Parks & Youth Liaison include:
- work with various City departments to prevent and resolve park maintenance issues;
- coordinate with community groups to set up park clean-ups and adoptions;
- create new volunteer opportunities (with a concentration on youth), as well as enhance existing programs, by developing training, recruitment and orientation materials for volunteers, including scheduling, coordinating and leading volunteer activities;
- connect youth and young adults to scholarships, internships, and jobs.
The following are some of our parks and youth programs:
- Youth Nextdoor Ambassador Program (YNAP)
- Youth Advisory Committee (YAC)
- Parks Leadership Academy for Youth (PLAY)
- Teens In Leadership Training (TiLT)
- Alpha YAC (young adult volunteer program for 18-25 year olds)
- District One Adopt-A-Park Program
- District One Trails (DOT)
- Parks In Education (PIE)
Our programs run year round. You can find more information for each below:
If you are interested in adopting your local park or setting up a park clean up day, send her an email. We are thrilled to have her on board!
District One Parks & Youth Liaison