February 15, 2017 11:15 AM
- There remains no imminent threat to Natomas
- With the lowering of the lake level and the upcoming rain not expected to be heavy, officials this afternoon deemed the situation safe enough to lift the evacuation order. Evacuation orders have been lifted and residents can return home but are encouraged to remain vigilante.
- The Sacramento and American Rivers have both dropped below the state-mandated monitoring stage and are expected to continue to drop.
- We do not anticipate river level increases even with the forecasted rains. With the weir open, we also do not expect any impacts from the Oroville Reservoir water releases.
- Residents can be reassured that our neighbors to the North are now out of immediate danger, just as the City has been the last few days. However, the incident is a good reminder to prepare for emergencies, including having to evacuate.
- www.ready.gov provides numerous tools to prepare for emergencies. This situation also highlights the critical importance for citizens to enroll in the City’s emergency telephone notification system at www.sacramento-alert.org, and include work and home addresses to receive alerts about both locations.